Sunday 30 September 2012


What did you use? What did you do?
Mainly I used Adobe Photoshop during the post-production process. Firstly, I edited the photos I had taken of the classmates that were going to play a part in the magazine. For example, I edited out things that stood out on the person. These things included small spots and freckles. Editing these out made the images look more professional, therefore adding to the professionalism of the magazine. I then used Photoshop to make the magazine pages. I added text, images and background colour. I also added shapes to go behind the text to make things stand out more. I used different colour text for different pages, which Photoshop made very easy once I got used to using the software. I also used Blogger, which is a website that allows you to share things that you have done. Every time that I completed a piece of work, I would post it straight on to this website. For example, after I had made the first drafts of all the magazine pages, I posted them all on to the blog. I also wrote a small amount of text under each page to explain what the page was about and what I did.

How well did you use this software?
I didn’t use the software well at first, but I got used to it as I continued to use it. Blogger was easy to use and get used to, but Photoshop was a bit harder. I quickly learnt how to insert images on to my blog posts along with text, and it was easy to actually post the piece of work. Photoshop was quite complicated at first due to the amount of tools there were at my disposal, but I had used different versions of the software before. Example of the tools I had to come to terms with are the cropping tool, lasso tool and magic wand tool. I had learn what these tools and many more were for and did before I could really start getting the work done. I had time to come to terms with the software during the preliminary task, but I still had things to learn by the time it came to the main task. As I was nearing the end of the main task, I had become competent with the tools and knew what each one was for. As a result, my work was completed more efficiently as I neared the end of the coursework.

What did you learn about?
I learnt a lot about Blogger and Photoshop, as I was constantly using them. I learnt how to insert images into posts on Blogger, and ultimately I learnt how to post, edit and delete posts. I mostly learnt about Photoshop and the tools within it. I learnt how to insert images, crop images, add colour to all aspects, etc. I became a lot more familiar with the software as the year progressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment